Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Analogue Hobbies Winter Painting Challenge - The Gauntlet is picked up!



Well, I have had a rummage through the cupboards, and have dug out what I hope to work on through the period of the challenge, as can be seen pictured above.

  • a box of Flames of War - Battlefront Typhoons
  • 4 boxes of Plastic Soldier Company (15mm for FoW) - SDKfz 251's - thats 20 vehicles!
  • a box of Flames of War - Battlefront PaK 40 platoon.
  • 1 blister pack of Flames of War - Battlefront German HMG platoon
  • 1 blister pack of Flames of War - Battlefront German 8cm Mortar platoon
...and if I get through that little lot in 3 months it will be a bloody miracle, but I figure 'aim high, and if you miss, you still hopefully hit fairly high"... Also still winging their way from Wayland Games in UK is a box of BF FoW - Panzergrenadier Command HQ ( 2 more half tracks and command teams), and a 10.5cm artillery battery boxed set and a bunch of loose 'fausts and 'shreks, just in case I manage to get through the above - yeah right who am I kidding!

I've made an (allowed) start - I have so far half assembled 1 halftrack (sitting on opened box in pic)... theres a lot of work ahead...

Also, (God it would have been so easy to cheat!), just tonight, I have finished painting, my second commando platoon pack, and the PSC Panzer IV H platoon... just need to varnish and base the commandos , and do the decals and varnishing of the panzers, so these guys are a current WIP - and not to be included in the Challenge. So this pretty much clears my painting table, ready for the off!

So what I am doing sitting here writing this, theres work to be done...

update 15/12/11:
The parcel arrived from Wayland Games, and the FoW Panzergrenadier HQ, and German 10.5 Artillery Battery , plus 'shreks & 'fausts have been added to the pile :-)

5 comments:

  1. My word! I wish you the very best of luck, but that is an awful lot of kit you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael, yeah I'm under no illusions, theres a fair bit of work to do. Whilst the halftracks once all assembled can be sprayed fairly quickly, there's still a fair bit of detail work to do on all the stowage, and the crews aswell to do. Plus I have to paint the driver and co-driver, seperate to the halftrack first. Then I can paint the half track, then insert them and then glue down the top 'panel' of the halftrack. And of course the decals... ( (I reckon they'll take far more time than the panzers did - they were easy!)

    And then all the rest of it of course, a lot of work but thats what a challenge is, and I guess it will be good incentive just to see what I can get done if I am able to push myslef a bit.

    The wife has been informed of my involvement - so if I can just get her trained up in driving the lawntractor, I might get out of mowing at the weekends! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anything your much more organized then me which it appears most are. I'll find out what I'm painting on the 20th!:-0
    Good luck!!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy a lot of points and your a lot more organized than me too, I've got 48 figures on sticks and the rest are still in their bags, gotta get me finger out!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...