Sunday, April 01, 2012

More Defences - FoW - 15mm

I finished off a bunch of linear defences recently including trench lines and more minefields and barbed wire entanglements.

I made fourteen 8" long sections of trench, based on 3mm MDF cut 2cm wide. Another upright was glued on top for the trench back. This v-shape was then filled with Polyfilla.
Once dry it was flocked for effect.

The rear part had a layer of 1mm thick balsa sheet glued to back of it, and this was scored to give a planked effect. Then matchsticks were cut up and glued on as support posts. This was painted once complete.


A mortar platoon fires from its trench....


...ready to duck back under incoming fire.


I also made several more barbed wire sections but this time I used the Army Painter barbed wire sections. I have to admit they are very nice, and look better than the simple twisted wire attempt I made earlier...


I did find it a bit too 'bright shiny metal' out of the pack, so coiled it and gave it a dunk in my brown wash bottle.


I love the look of it :-)


More minefield also made. Very simple to do. I just want to add some little signs with a skull and cross bones and "Achtung - Minen!" to them.


A layered defence; minefield, barbed wire and plucky German defenders of the 352nd  in their trenches, with MG34s at the ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...